Pages

Friday, September 14, 2012

Snacks!

In 2nd grade we eat lunch super early.  We head to lunch at 10:50.  This makes our afternoons long and the kids are usually really hungry by the time we get ready to go home.  I have been allowing the students to bring healthy snacks that we eat while we are getting ready to go to music.  This has been helping. 

I try to encourage then to bring a healthy snack.  Some good ideas I have seen are fish crackers, cheeze its, string cheese, granola bars, fruit cups, and graham crackers.  Please do not send candy or cookies. 

I try to keep extra snacks on hand for students who not bring snacks.  I do not always have things though.  Parents are more than welcome to send extra boxes of things to help with this.  I appreciate any help I can get. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment